When it comes to choosing a new pair of frames or sunglasses, every face is different. Knowing which frames flatter your unique facial features will help you find that perfect pair. Finding your face shape is the first step, and Five Dock Eyecare has a few tips to help you do just that. Whether you have an oval, heart, square, or round shaped face, we’ll show you how to find your face shape and tell you what to look for to find the perfect frames for you.
What is your face shape?
OVAL – An oval face is a blank canvas for choosing frames—you can wear just about any style. Seize the opportunity to play with a variety of textures, colors and angles that’ll accentuate your best features.
- Choose frames that are equal or larger than the widest part of your face.
- Play with textures and shapes to suit your personal style.
- Choose sunglasses that cover your eyebrows and cheekbones.
ROUND – Round faces have youthful features that pair well with contrasting geometric eyewear. Look for striking rectangular shapes, and choose thinner frames that add length to your rounded face.
- Look for angular lines to sharpen soft features and balance your overall shape.
- Choose narrow, rectangular frames to create a longer face shape.
- Frames with a contrasting bridge color or material will help widen your eyes.
HEART – Heart-shaped faces features high cheekbones (lucky you) and a well-defined narrow chin. Go for a playful look with frames that are wider than your forehead, and choose thinner temples to enhance your face’s symmetry.
- Choose frames slightly wider than your forehead.
- Look for bottom-heavy frames to balance out a pointed chin.
- For better symmetry, find a style with thin, low-set temples.
SQUARE – Square faces have well-defined angles that are complemented and softened by round and oval shapes. Work those angles with thin, curved frames, and don’t be afraid to experiment with cat-eye and semi-rimless styles.
- Seek rounder, thinner frames to soften angular features.
- Play with semi-rimless frames to balance your jawline.
- Choose a frame wider than your cheekbones.
Best of all, you dont have to make a choice by yourself. Book an appointment online and our friendly staff will be able to help you choose the perfect frames or sunglasses.